Zumberk Castle

Category: Photo

Zumberk Castle

Zumberk Castle

The first mention of the castle dates back to 1318, when it occurred in the epithets of its owner. The original name of the castle is Sunenberg from its German name suggests that originated in the late 13th century. Over the centuries the castle often changed owners. In the early 17th century began to deteriorate. The last inhabitants left him in the years 1760-1770. Then he became a ruin.