Buchlovice Chateau is situated about 10 km to the west of Uherske Hradiste, in south-east Moravia, Czech Republic. Its history is closely connected with nearby Buchlov Castle which grew more and more uncomfortable in the late 17th century, and that is why Jan Detrich of Petrwald decided to build a new castle. Buchlovice chateau was built as a copy of an Italian villa in baroque style, by Domenico Martinelli. It is one of the most romantic buildings in this country. In 1800 it became property of the Berchtolds, and since 1945 the state chateau is open to public.