Opocno Chateau

Category: Photo

Opocno Chateau

Opocno Chateau

Opocno chateau is a complex of buildings in renaissance style in the town of Opocno, Czech Republic. The place was mentioned in 1068 and built on the location of a former gothic castle. It belonged to the Trčka family from 1553 until 1634. In 1634 when Adam Erdmann von Trcka died, the emperor Ferdinand II allowed the Colloredo family to buy the property for 35,000 “Reichsgulden”. Since then the Colloredos have substantially modified the chateau and even founded a 22-hectare English garden with rare trees, ponds and waterfalls.